Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Purser

Second time on the Dream

Sail Date: October 12, 2014

This was the second time on the Dream in a year.  The first time it was just my husband and myself.  This time we brought our children (25, 18, 16, 13 and 13).  As always, the food and waitstaff were top notch.  We couldnt have asked for anything better.   Once we made our desires known, we never had to ask again.  Having a set dine time with set staff is the best!!!!

The thermo pool was shut down two days for the 7 days and I was rather disappointed in that.  I love the spa pool and look forward to it more than any other activity!

The Dream was completely booked this cruise, but it never seemed very crowded.  The only place we needed to wait for any time was at the Asia buffet, but they cook everything to order, so you expect a wait.

We were not thrilled with our room steward.  Although asking several times for our ice bucket to be filled each day, he only did it once.  He did the least amount possible for us each day.

I LOVED the Cove Balcony!!!  The shade from the emergency boats made it nice, but beging so close to the water was exciting!!!

The only thing I was totally disappointed in was the teen program.  They had very little for the kids to do.  My 13 year olds were bored and dont ever want to cruise again.  : (

We love the Dream and will sail again!

New Orleans, Louisiana
Dolphin swim is well worth the $$$
Montego Bay, Jamaica
We did an island tour through Jaital....HORRIBLE! The guide was rude and in a rush. He took us to a shopping mall when we clearly didnt want to go there. He took us to the wrong beach and tried to charge us for it. If you dont mind the pushy natives, you can get some good deals on the main strip. Next time, I think I will just stay on the ship though!!!

If you use the self serve departation...you will be off by 8am. : )