Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

so so cruise

Sail Date: August 10, 2014

I had heard that Carnival cruises were noisy and this one was. It was a nice cruise with excellent service but I felt like I was on the party boat and it was a little hard to find quiet at times. I felt at times like I was at a college keg party. They did not enforce the smoking policy, so there were times when I was in a no smoking area (the pool, serenity) and there were people smoking. Went to 3 shows. The first one was horrible (horrible singing, average dancing and a horrible sound system), during the show I looked at the lady on the sound board and she was just kicked back doing nothing and I thought "I don't know much but I do know the mic is kicking a lot of feedback". The second show was good. So I decided to try a third, I should have quit while I was ahead. For those who think this is what to expect on a cruise, this is not my first cruise. My last cruise had excellent entertainment. I can't say it was a terrible cruise, the food was good, the service was good but I found myself bored at times because unless I wanted to get drunk and make a fool out of myself, there was nothing to do.

There were a few talented people but they were few and far between.
I got bored.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
BOSS was fun but it was a done in one activity.
Belize City, Belize
The Mayan Ruins were fabulous.
The Tequila experience was fun but it was a done in one activity

The sit down dining had excellent food and excellent service every night.