First time on the Big Dream

Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 27, 2014
Ship: Carnival Dream

This was my second time to cruise with Carnival.  All of the staff were marvelous!!!  The Carnival Dream is a huge ship with so much entertainment, excellent food, spaces to enjoy the sun and most importantly, a crew who is the best of the best!!!  I sailed before on the Fascination out of Jacksonville and thoroughly enjoyed it as well.  I think for me I will sail again with Carnival but stick to the smaller ships.  The Dream is just too many people for me. Also, I did ask the cruise tour person (who was not with Carnival as I booked through an agency) about the room 9330 on Vista deck.  She said it was a good location.  Wrong!!!!  The stateroom was very nice and balcony view awesome but the noise HORRIBLE.  We were right under the Lido deck bar area where the chairs were scooted around all day and night.

not applicable

Very clean. Staff great!! Excellent views but way to much noise as is directly under Lido deck area where the chairs are shuffled around all hours of the day.

By sure you do not stay in a stateroom under the Lido deck as it may be noisey. Breakfast on Lido is quick to access and delicious. Dine early so you do not miss the shows.

Shopping ok. The Nachi Cocom beach was AWESOME!!!! deal.
Did not go inland but did shop with vendors right by the gangway. They had some great deals.