Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

Dream is a cruisers nightmare

Sail Date: June 29, 2014

I am a Platinum cruiser and experience the worst cruise to date.  It started at the New orleans port terminal.  Although there are friendly people there, Jennifer was very rude and rather than telling a customer in a nice voice, she would yell across the room.  During the muster (I know this is important) but some gal that works for Carnival told me to "TURN THAT PHONE OFF."  The phone was just sitting in front me.  How about "Sir, could you turn that off."  Later that night , there were men whom I thought were Carnival employees talking at the Fun Times booth with one cursing another employee.  After a time of hearing a good selection of words, I asked nicley to stop cursing in fornt of my family.  He then turned his anger to me and gave me a couple of F-Bombs.  He moved out pretty when I advised I was going to get security.  I saw him dart off and give a couple of more folks the bomb on his way down deck 5.  I went to the Fun Times booth and spoke with the person there and aked where the man worked.  He said "Oh, he don't work here.  I said well, could you call security.  He said "I have no phone."  I asked was he going to just let this dude curse he and I out."  He said "I don't know who is."  By now, this guy was gone!  I passed it off as alcohol and poor genetics.

The food in the Lido was the worst I have ever eaten on a cruise almost as bad at any restaurant.  At the burrito bar, the employee there was measure beans and rice, then maybe 3 shrimp that could be covered by a half dollar.  I finally told him to put some stuff on there!  The pizza line was always long.  it seems they fear they may make to much.  If you like cheese or pepperoni your in luck becasue that is all they have.

The Puch-line breakfast was good and the service was great.  At night, the dining experience was dismal.  Your order was late, never arrives or wrong.  Cold food, and either several entrees at a time or a substantial wait.  The lights would start flashing nights before dessert.  My experience on other ships had this dinning as a very nice event.  NOT HERE!  Dennys has them beat!

The state steward was great but about 3 rooms from us the smell of sewage was sickening and it was like that the enitire week.  My question is, "Has Carnival Lost it's Way?

I recommend staying away from the Dream and New Orleans!

Sewage Smell in the hallway about 3 staterooms down.
Breakfast was good.
The Punchline Crew was good and our Stateroom Steward was good. The rest poor. Assist. Matre de Ivan was rude!

Punchline Brealfast was good asked for Ratatat and Ruprell