Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

A Fabulous Family Fun Experience

Sail Date: April 04, 2011

My family and I enjoyed everything on this trip. We checked in with no problems and our room was extremely clean. The only item I would have changed was the room type - ie having a window, balcony...Our family enjoyed the islands - esp. Half Moon Cay (key)...the food was excellent. Especially the breakfast - so many choices and taste was amazing. The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. The cruise Director, aka Noonan, was so entertaining. He was our favorite part of the experience. He make us laugh and made our trip a memorable one. We enjoyed the comedy shows - they selected some pretty funny guys including Brandon (the Assistant Director). We loved the nightly shows and we loved the staff! Our family truly had an amazing time. We can't wait to sail with Carnival again.

Pros: The Itenirary

Cons: The Room - no view - enclosed

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? Yes!

I did not care too much for the room. It was our fault for not purchasing the ocean view or balcony but we know for next time. Other than that, our room was very clean and well taken care of by the steward.
The bathrooms were very clean. The size was great - including golf stimulator and the sun deck. I do wish that there was an ADULT only pool and a topless deck available.
Food was delicious. We were pleased with the dining.
NICEST STAFF EVER...I could not believe it! These people made our trip worthwhile.
Great...they didnt' perform every night but the dancers were really good the nights they did perform. Very Las Vegas like shows...Comedy was funnY!
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
This is my fav. island - and we have been to quite a few. This island is extremely clean and beautiful. Our family had an amazing time here. We especially loved the bbq party.
Don't Miss: The sand castle contest - so cool. Some people are so talented.
Grand Turk Island
This was not the main island of the Grand Turk. We didn't care much for this island, but it was nice to see and the tour was interesting and comical b/c our tour guide was interesting and comical.
Don't Miss: I would not want to miss the beach area right by the port. I regret going to a private beach b/c it was not as nice.
Nassau itself was ok. We took a ferry to the Atlantis and enjoyed that part. It is very expensive but we definitely want to revisit this hotel.
Don't Miss: Atlantis, of course.