Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

The cruise was better than expected!!!

Sail Date: April 04, 2011

The ship was decorated tastefully. It was not gawdy or tacky. I feel they do a good job with the upkeep of the ship.

Pros: The ports and food.

Cons: So many people!

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? Yes!

I wish they had more entertainment in the evening. However, the entertainment was very good! The games were great.
My kids loved the program - however, my 12 year old son would have liked to have seen more activities earlier in the day - otherwise I would have rated excellent.
I was never disappointed with the variety and quality of the food. My 15 year old son who is extremely fussy tried new foods and loved them all.
The cabins were clean. The beds were comfortable. The condition of the stateroom was very good.
I found the staff to be very accommodating. Our room steward was fantastic! He always took care of our needs very quickly. They came in at least twice a day to clean. The cruise director was a blast!!! Great sense of humor!!
Grand Turk Island
Would have loved to have spent more time there. Oh well - I guess we have to go back there again.
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
Beautiful - Carnival thought of every detail. It was wonderful.
We went to Blue Lagoon just for the beach day. I wouldn't recommend going unless you go to the dolphin encounter and/or you have children. My kids loved it. It was just ok for husband and I.