Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

great cruise adventure

Sail Date: July 26, 2010

Traveled As: Family w/young children

It was a good experience for my first cruise, my family and I had a great time, especially at the ports of call. The children's activities were good, although I think there could have been a lot more variety, with more crafts and activities.

Pros: the service was generally excellent, especially the dining services. The ports of call were beautiful, and really embodied the Caribbean experience

Cons: long lines at buffet, and unbearably long line getting on and off the tender(ferry) to and from their private island

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? Yes!

dining staff was the most excellent
schedule not convenient: many programs scheduled during( late) dinner time; the deck parties were fun.
programs were closed a lot, usually during early dinnertime, not convenient for late diners; meeting places changed often for 9-11 age group and confusing to keep track of activities; safety and staff friendliness good
The food was good; there was one main course meat that I did not like, and it was promptly exchanged for something else by the waiter.
Grand Turk Island
taking a tour through the city is an eye opener
Don't Miss: horse carriage ride
guided tour of the city is a must see
Don't Miss: atlantis
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
the island itself was beautiful, but line for debarkation, embarkation and food were too long; also the beverage center was not working for about 10 minutes!