Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

A Very Supportive Cruise Staff

Sail Date: June 04, 2006

I want to tell you how much I appreciated the staff and crew on the ship during our cruise. They kept encouraging my wife to get better and went out of their way to be supportive of both of us during this trying time. The ship was beautiful, great food, service, entertainment, especially the Casino. Everything was so clean, everyone so polite and helpful. Even though my wife had a bout with depression the whole 7 days, the staff would encourage her to get out and do things. I thought that was helpful. I can't say enough good things about the crew on the Destiny during this trying time.

Pros: I really liked how the crew was supportive my wife's illness during the cruise. They were very polite and encouraged her to get better each day. I liked the land tours, even though my wife couldn't enjoy them. The guides were great. The rooms were very clean and nice, great staff overall.

Cons: I didn't like the loudness of the band and some of the shows.

Bridgetown, Barbados
Barbados was terrific. I enjoyed the land tour and our guide was terrific. We saw a lot on this tour, the time shares, golf courses, milliondollar homes, moviestars homes, and the green monkey.
Don't Miss: The green monkey and the sea turtle hatcheries on the beaches.
Oranjestad, Aruba
If I would visit by air, I would definitely go to Aruba or Barbados. These were my favorite two. I loved the Casino nearby the ship, the beaches and the land tour-the tour guide was great.
Don't Miss: The beaches and the Casino, as well as the King Kong rock/mountain with the steps to the top.
Bridgetown, Barbados
Don't Miss: The green monkey and the sea turtle hatcheries on the beaches.
Oranjestad, Aruba
Dominica
I loved the Emerald Pool and Rainforest
Don't Miss: same as above.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
I loved the land tour, especially looking at the scenery on the island.
Don't Miss: I would say the beaches.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
I loved the land tour, especially looking at the scenery on the island.
Don't Miss: I would say the beaches.
Dominica
I loved the Emerald Pool and Rainforest
Don't Miss: same as above.