Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

My turn to be pampered

Sail Date: April 02, 2006

Our ship was clean, employees were friendly overall, we had our own balconey room for the first time and it was wonderful. When the congestion on the deck got to be too much for us we just went back to our room and relaxed on your own balconey. Since I am a nurse I enjoyed someone else taking care of me for a change. My husband and I plan to take many more cruises in the future, we are hooked on them. All the ports we
stopped at were very interesting, we booked 2 tours through carnival and both were excellent. One in particular was a hike and in the future when they say it is strenuous I will take their word for it, but it was well worth the view. At one port we planned our own trip to the beach and there were plenty of taxis available to take us.

Pros: The service on Carnival is always very friendly

Cons: crowds on deck area around the main pool

This was our second cruise with Carnival and we actually ran into a waitress from our first cruise on this ship also. I think it is very exceptional that she remembered us even if not by name from a cruise that we had taken the year before. That says a lot about your staff.
Bridgetown, Barbados
Arranged for our own taxi here to take us to the beach
Bridgetown, Barbados
Arranged for our own taxi here to take us to the beach
Oranjestad, Aruba
We took one of the snorkeling tours and got to see one of the smaller natural bridges, our guide was excellent and very informative. The snorkeling was wonderful as usual. We still had time to brouse around the port and island on our own after our tour.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
we just went to to shopping close to the ship here as we'd been here before on our previous cruise
Dominica
We took a 3 hour hike here to middleham Falls the views were spectacular, but you had better be in great physical shape, I found out I wasn't in a s good a shape as I thought!
Oranjestad, Aruba