Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean

First time cruising - not disappointed

Sail Date: March 23, 2009

The first time stepping foot on the ship is a lot of fun! The public areas all had a very grandiose feel to them. Also, the Oceanside room we stayed in was bigger than expected. The food was great, the staff were extremely professional and courteous. and there was always something to do. Additionally, I never felt unsafe at any point of time. For a vacation, this is by far the best value I have gotten for my money!

Pros: Variety of activities, value for the money spent

Cons: Long lines

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? Yes!

The Oceanview room was a good size. There was much more space than I expected to hang clothing. There were too few outlets for electronics however.
Didn't notice any significant problems with the ship. The layout was a little maze-like in some areas. The many themes were well-done and colorful.
24/7 room service was available at no additional charge. the menu was full of great food with plenty of variety every day. The warm chocolate cake was one of the best tasting desserts I have ever had! The continental breakfast offered instead of sit-down dining was pretty standard.
I was treated like a king by the staff the entire time. The cruise director was really on top of his game, and quite funny.
There were usually multiple events scheduled at any given time. I purchased many shore excursions, but I would not have been bored without them.
Grand Turk Island
The port is basically a tourist trap away from the main city on the island. The shops aren't that great and Margaritaville had horrible service. Take a shore excursion while you're at this port.
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
Secluded with beautiful beaches!