Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Never Again

Sail Date: December 10, 2006

Older ship, repairs not done timely. Activities on ship needs improvement.
The food was not impressive. We found out most off shore excursions were attended by Americans & Europeans with very few Puertoricans . If I knew that the majority were spanish speaking, I would have not gone on this ship. The fact that we spoke to Americans as well as other Europeans who also felt the same. They are not going to take Carnival Cruise again but if they decide to visit Caribbean will go with another ship

Pros: cruise Service was excellent and islands visited was enchanting

Cons: 98% Puertoricans -mostly spanish speaking, rude, shoving, pushing,

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? No.

The food during scheduled dining times was better than other meals. I was not that impressed. No specialty restaurants. Ambiance-they had little shows performed by waiters for singing and dancing.
Size was great. Air conditiong needed repairs, lights, safe which was not completed in a timely fashion. Found out that they ran special in San Juan and other people paid for balconey rooms for $275.00 while Americans paid $800. Is this fair I think not.
I like a bigger ship and this ship was older and in need of repairs.
Ship staff at first had a terrible attitude but after we spoke to them then they seem to lighten up and became friendlier. They appeared to be burnt out but I think because of the type of rude people they had to deal with.
Needs improvement.
Bridgetown, Barbados
This island has its over unique flavor. Love it.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

Don't Miss: Love this place and I will visit it again. Black Beard
Bridgetown, Barbados
This island has its over unique flavor. Love it.
Dominica
Love this place. Like National Geographic full of green, lushes and green all over. Falls were fantastic,
Dominica
Oranjestad, Aruba
The bright colored houses. Oh my! The white sand beaches how can anyone not love Aruba.
Oranjestad, Aruba