Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

An awesome cruise!

Sail Date: November 05, 2006

Carnival cruises are absolutely the best! The ships are so clean and beautiful...and the Destiny was no disapointment...it was the best ever! I loved the shops...they had everything! The shows were outstanding...so much talent! I loved the comedians...I have never laughed so much! The pools were wonderful...and the "outside" entertainment (hairy chest contest, conga lines, etc.) was great. I especially enjoyed the departure deck party.

Nothing, however, can top the food and the wait staff. My goodness...the staff is so entertaining. This became the highlight of my day. The staff that waited on us could not be topped...they did an awesome job. We almost cried the last night when they sang, "Leaving on a jet plane..." It was so sad...I wanted to stay...or at least take them home with me. :) The animal creatures in our rooms each night were also so much fun.

I could go on and on....simply stated, the Destiny cruise to St. Thomas, Barbados, and Aruba was the best trip ever! Thank you, Carnival !!!

Pros: The ship was absolutely beautiful....but I'll have to say that my favorite part was dinner time...the staff did such a wonderful job. The entertainment during dinner was the highlight of my day. We had the best staff ever!

Cons: The Photo Gallery was very congested almost all the time. A larger area for viewing pictures would be really great.

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? Yes!

The ship was the nicest we had ever been on. It was clean and just beautiful. I loved it!
The dining and food could not be beat. I loved the "alternative" menu selections. This was quite a hit with the youngsters in our group.
The rooms were spotless. We had a room with a view this trip, and it was so wonderful. The staff does a fantastic job!
Everyone went out of their way to ensure that we had what we needed. I have never seen a more friendly and caring bunch of people.
The shows were very good...it was always such a nice, relaxing time to sit and watch a show or listen to a comedian in the evenings after a fun day in the beautiful Caribbean sun.
Oranjestad, Aruba
The best, the best, the best!!! Aruba was so beautiful. We had a wonderful tour of the island including the haystack mountain, the rock formation, the Carolina Light House, the wild goats, and concluded with hours on the most beautiful beach I have ever seen! We enjoyed a banana boat ride...it was so much fun. Our tour guide was fantastic. This was the most beautiful place I've ever been.
Don't Miss: The tour of the island, definitely....it was fantastic!
Bridgetown, Barbados
We again found a beach via taxi guide (we are a bunch of beach bums no doubt...). The islanders were very friendly...and most accommodating. We even tried swimming with the turtles...quite an experience! :)
Don't Miss: Swimming with the turtles, for sure!
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
We went on our own and found a guide to take us by taxi to a nice beach. The snorkeling was the greatest...and the beautiful blue and green waters were breathtaking. We enjoyed the island very much.
Don't Miss: Snorkeling is a must!