Won't Cruise Caribbean AGAIN

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Conquest

6 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)

Sail date: December 02, 2018

Ship: Carnival Conquest

Cabin type: Inside

Traveled as: Family (young children)

Review summary

The crudeness of the cruise director taited the whole experience. Along with the poor food and overall subpar experience. We won't cruise with Carnival again.

Embarkation

The Muster Station Drill was TERRIBLE. We all had to stand in lines around the deck of the ship, 5 lines deep for over an hour. It was the worst muster station drill I have ever done... and I've cruised A Lot!

Ship experiences

Food in the main dining room was bleh at best and mediocre at best. The buffets were closed most of the time and when it was open, the food wasn't good. Most times we wanted to eat, only the pizza was open and the line was always terribly long!

The pools were ok. There were only 2 pools that we could even take our kids too. The pool guards were super strict and constantly blowing their whistles to stop the fun. The slides were pretty good. There weren't that many onboard activities on this ship.

The cruise director was a crude man who turned family entertainment into PG13 or R rated entertainment. He made fun of my son on the stage of the Hasbro Game Show in front of everyone! He turned the lip sync battle into who could shake it and show it the most. It got to the point that I didn't want to take my kids anywhere where he was!

The only saving grace of the ship. They had a great kids program. My kids loved it! And as a parent they made me feel secure in the safety of my kids.

The pool areas were always dirty. Food and drinks everywhere people could leave or set them. Most areas were ok. On the glass elevator the windows looked onto a mural that included a painting of a naked lady.

The room was clean and the steward was great. However, it was so hot and stuffy. The AC didn't appear to work at all. There was only 1 standard plugin in the entire cabin! The steward did bring a fan which helped and a power strip.

Ship tip

Don't sail on Carnival Conquest unless they make major changes, inluding a new Cruise Director.

Ports of call

Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)

Grand Turk Island