Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Purser

The stateroom of too many smells

Sail Date: July 30, 2016

Our cruise started by entering an interior stateroom on deck 8 that smelled musty and moldy. The smell was so potent I went right to guest services. They told me they would check on it and let me know. They never let me know. The moldy smell caused my allergies to flare up and I had to take round the clock allergy medicine and spend as little time as possible in the stateroom. On day 3 of a day 5 cruise we were alerted we would need to leave our stateroom at 9 am because our carpet was scheduled to be replaced. The moldy smell was gone but there a new even more potent smell of the glue they used to insert the new carpet. This gave me a huge headache. So we again found ourselves avoiding our stateroom as much as possible. It's too band because the ports were great and the ship didn't seem to crowded, but the thought of spending time in our room really stressed me out and the fact carnival did nothing speaks to there poor level of customer service and up keep of their ships. Shouldn't these staterooms be frequently tested for mold and carpet replacement happen while no one is on the ship???

Our cruise started by entering an interior stateroom on deck 8 that smelled musty and moldy. The smell was so potent I went right to guest services. They told me they would check on it and let me know. They never let me know. The moldy smell caused my allergies to flare up and I had to take round the clock allergy medicine and spend as little time as possible in the stateroom. On day 3 of a day 5 cruise we were alerted we would need to leave our stateroom at 9 am because our carpet was scheduled to be replaced. The moldy smell was gone but there a new even more potent smell of the glue they used to insert the new carpet. This gave me a huge headache. So we again found ourselves avoiding our stateroom as much as possible. It's too band because the ports were great and the ship didn't seem to crowded, but the thought of spending time in our room really stressed me out and the fact carnival did nothing speaks to there poor level of customer service and up keep of their ships. Shouldn't these staterooms be frequently tested for mold and carpets replacement happen while no one is on the ship???