Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

First Cruise on the Conquest

Sail Date: April 24, 2016

This was our first cruise and we had a wonderful time. There was a group of 16 of us. We found the crew to be friendly and helpful, our cabin was clean, food was very good, and the weather was perfect. Cruise director Josh was great.

We purchased Faster to the Fun so getting on and off the ship was very easy for us. However, some of our friends who didn't have the priority had some issues with the debarkation yesterday. We were off the ship by 7:40 AM, but Customs cut back to 3 agents and really held things up. Our friends who have cruised before told us this port is one of the busiest and least organized.

Sometimes service in the dining room was a little slow, especially with drinks. However, food was always hot and our waiter remembered our names and he pulled out the chairs for the ladies. That is such a forgotten courtesy nowadays (even though my husband still does this) and I thought it was a nice touch. Portion sizes were perfect. In this day of super size everything it was nice to be served a normal portion size and still have room for dessert. We had great tables with a wonderful view.

Pools are quite small and there's always the chair savers, but we still managed to find a quiet place to sunbathe.

By far, my favorite was the Blue Iguana Tequila Bar. The waiter Ernie was so funny and he even remembered my favorite drink, the Red Caribbean Colada. On this same note, I will have to add that none of the bartenders were skimpy with the alcohol in the drinks.

My only real complaint with this ship was the smoking. It's allowed in the casino and a couple places around the casino and on certain parts of the deck. However, some people feel it's their right to stink up the air we all breathe and smoke wherever they wanted to and I didn't see the crew doing anything about it. I would have gone to the casino if it hadn't been for the smell. I would LOVE for Carnival to bring back some non smoking ships.

Shore excursions were fun and well organized. Our kayaking on Grand Turk was a lot of fun. Half Moon Cay is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. We spent the day on the beach and in the water and it was wonderful.

Since this was our first cruise I don't have anything to compare it to, but my husband and I travel a lot and we enjoyed this so much we came home and booked another cruise in February on the Pride. We felt we received good service and we enjoyed it very much. We would probably cruise on this ship again.

Bed and pillows were very comfortable. We didn't see our steward much, but we had everything we needed and our cabin was always clean and well stocked.
It was easy for us because we had FTTF, but our friends had more of an issue with disembarkation.
Very nice except for the smoking.
Avoid the eggs at the buffet. Awful!! This was the only food we didn't like.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Very busy and somewhat disorganized.
Grand Turk Island
We had a lot of fun on our kayak excursion. I would like to come back and spend more time at the beach.
Amber Cove (Puerto Plata), Dominican Republic
Port area is nice, but the excursion we took really showed us how the people live. There is trash everywhere. Our excursion and tour guide were great.
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
Forget the paid excursions and spend the day enjoying the beach. They even feed you lunch. I would love to come here again.

Have fun and go on your cruise with an open mind. We were traveling with good friends and we decided we were going to have a good time no matter what. This is a big ship with a lot of people and it can get crowded. Just keep smiling and go with the flow.