Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

All Icing but No Cake

Sail Date: February 06, 2016

Cabin: Balcony

Disappointing at best. My brother & his wife had raved about past Carnival cruises they had taken so I joined them on this one. We had a group of 25 people & Carnival screwed up the dinner seating & instead of being at adjoining or nearby tables, they randomly put us in different dining rooms!!  We never got shipboard credit we were promised or gifts from that were arranged. The FOOD for the most part was horrible:  powdered eggs; dried out day-old pastries; 1/2 baked potatoes; unchewable prime rib; watery shrimp cocktail, etc. Only good food was Carnival's signature melted chocolate dessert & Guy Fiero hamburgers & Mexican food + lobster in $35 extra steak house dinner. The food looked great in the buffet areas, but did not taste great. I think they scrimped on the ingredients & used powdered eggs, margarine or Crisco instead of butter. Hardly anything tasted as good as it looked, hence my assessment of "All Icing but No Cake." Very very disappointing. Besides bad or mediocre food, the service was poor or non-existent; the ship needs a good cleaning & staff were over-worked, tired & unfriendly. I never even met the cabin steward until 4 days into cruise!  Try another ship!!!

Clean windows & draperies. Clean bathroom better. M
Horrible. Commented above.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Basseterre, St. Kitts
San Juan, Puerto Rico
They need a shuttle, or at very least, benches along the VERY LONG walk to end of pier. Too much for older folks or those with bad knees, hips etc. Old Town was great once you got there.
Grand Turk Island
Didn't get to see it. I started out down VERY LONG pier & heavy rain & wind started & blew my umbrella inside out. Before I took flight like Mary Poppins, I headed back to ship & a piña colada!!!

Best excursion for me was the narrow gauge train ride in St Kitts. Our last day was a huge disappointment. We were scheduled swim with stingrays, but it was cancelled due to rough seas & rain.