Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruise Director

Sail Date: January 03, 2016

I am not one for negative reviews and I know that all you folks will take this with a grain of salt, as you should, but I feel that this information is warranted.

We sailed on the Conquest in Sept 2014, so it was like coming home to a comfortable shoe this time around, however, that is not the case this time around.

The service on the ship, for the most part, save 3 individuals, has changed drastically to the point of making you feel unwelcome and a nuisance to the service staff.  The evening shows were the same shows, though good, as the ones that we saw on the freedom in 2013 and the conquest in 2014.

The menu has been trimmed significantly so the dining room selection was limited, not to mention the temperature of the food, aside from the soup was far from hot.

The buffet we found to be good and with enough variety but noticed changes there too with certain things no longer available, etc.

Our room steward, we met once and often times did not have our room clean in a timely fashion, and at 1 point had to ask for towels.

The pool, was generally chilly but that did not stopped me, but the ladies that we travelled with avoided it for the most part.

The service in the shops were far from helpful and we often felt like we were bothersome to them.

There was a constant smell of sewage at the front of the ship everyday.  I had read that before in previous reviews and thought that they were just being silly, but it was very pronounced!

Regardless of all this negativity, I did not let this ruin my vacation and I still had fun, but felt compelled to share with you folks.

Sadly, I will not return to Carnival after this one.

Cruise Photos

It was ok
Long lines, and felt like cattle but that has always been that way in Fort Lauderdale
Most areas are clean but ship looks in need of a revamp
Every place but Nassau was wonderful
Same shows now for the past 3 years
Comedy was good but infrequent
Aside from Carlo and Denmark, service was terrible
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Grand Turk Island
Choose the free beach right off the ship. Does not cost anything however there are fellas renting 4 charis for $20 and it comes with an umbrella. Good deal as chairs are in short supplies if port is busy
Amber Cove (Puerto Plata), Dominican Republic