Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Thanksgivnig/Birthday Cruise

Sail Date: November 22, 2015

I traveled on the Carnival Conquest which is one of the older ships of Carnival.  You can tell it has been traveling a lot with some of the repairs that were being done during the cruise.  My room was on deck 1 which was good if you want to get on and off the ship fast but it also means you have to wait along time for the elevators to come down from the other decks.  My room was a nice size but it wasn't as clean as I would have liked it to be.  Housekeeping didn't communicate much with the guest but I think that was the language barrier.  Evening dinning was good.  I liked our waiters during the trip.  We did early dinning and the food was good.  I enjoyed the cruise director who kept everyone on the ship entertained from the youngest to the oldest passenger.  He gave us lots of advise on where to go at each stop and didn't try to endorse any signature stores that were on the islands.  All of my family enjoyed themselves including the entertainment.  Over all it was a good trip.

Wasn't as clean in the bathrooms as I would have liked it and I had found items from the previous travelers in the closet.
I think Carnival may want to think of ways of speeding up the process to get off their ships. I almost missed my flight because of how long I stayed on the ship.
I could tell the bathrooms were not wiped down as well as I would have liked it and I had found some items that belonged to the previous travelers.
I mostly enjoyed the dinning and the Blue Iguana breakfast.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Too many people begging for money. It made me feel uncomfortable.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Wasn't enough areas to go to without paying for it.

A few tips that I would leave for Carnival would be to not do so much repairs while customers are on the ship. Inform your staff to not talk about certain passengers while around other passengers. And lastly, work on crowd control when getting people on and off the ship.

1 Comment