Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Food was awful

Sail Date: May 31, 2015

I have cruised with Carnival 4 times, the first one was 15 years ago.  They are still serving most of the same menu items.  The steaks are not grilled, they are broiled, so there is no char on them, and they are using meats that are full of fat. The caesar dressing is so heavy with mayo that you often cannot taste anything but that.  The desserts are awful.  The cobbler is mostly jelly with little to no fruit and the crumble on top is hard.  The cakes taste like cardboard, they are so dry.  I love cruising with carnival, but the food on this trip was awful, and lets face it, food is a huge reason people cruise.  I also don't feel like you should have to pay extra, or upcharge to get a decent meal or dessert.

Children's Programs Didn't use
The cabin was a bit outdated, and the balcony door wasn't working well, and it didn't lock. The phone cord was broken. The lamp shades were torn. The beds were terribly uncomfortable. When I have cruised before the beds were very comfy, this time...I'm not sure what happened. There was no vent fan in the bathroom, or at least it was not working.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Lots to do, but very expensive. Use uber for transportation.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
The scavenger hunt excursion was a lot of fun.
Basseterre, St. Kitts
Did the ziplining, it was amazing.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Horseback riding, this was fantastic!
Grand Turk Island
Did the clear bottom kayak, and this was an awesome time.

1 Comment