Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Contributor Level: Second Mate

Good vessel, great ports, good service...

Sail Date: May 23, 2015

I have been on this vessel before and like its layout.  This cruise was available to me by the Casino Player's Club and I upgraded the inside cabin that comes with the reward, with a Balcony cabin on the 6th Deck for an additional small amount.  The Cabin is great, spacious and very well located.  I have visited all these ports before but I always like to return to Aruba and Curacao, two of my favorite ports.  Food was good and plentiful and the Carnival service as excellent as it is in all the cruises I do with them.

Children's Programs N/A
This cabin is very well located and it is spacious. I had two senior couples on both sides and it was very quiet during the entire cruise. Spent a lot of time on the balcony in the afternoon's reading and enjoying watching the beautiful Caribbean Sea. Highly recommend.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Airport very close to ship's terminal.
Grand Turk Island
This port is a day at the beach. Also good for water sports activities and Margaritaville.
La Romana, Dominican Republic
Not much activity at the port. Good tours to Altos de Chavon village.
Willemstad, Curacao
A favorite port of mine. Great Beaches, good tours, The famous Pontoon Bridge and beautiful architecture. A pleasant place to walk and see all the beauty of this place.
Oranjestad, Aruba
Another favorite port. Great beaches, smaller than Curacao but easy to see, visit and walk around and do some shopping at good prices.

Whenever you do a land excursion, keep in mind that the ship's restaurants do not open early nor they keep long hours during lunch. There will be long lines in the morning and at lunch time if you get back after 2:30 PM very few options available for lunch.