Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

1st Carnival Cruise EVER

Sail Date: May 10, 2015

This was my 4th cruise, 1st Carnival Cruise on Conquest, it was good. The ship was clean & up-to-date, food was mediocre and the times certain food areas are open are just mind boggling. Sometimes you were left with no food available......until FREE room service :-)  BTW- I highly recommend the Deli!

We ordered food to our room every day, awesome service because unlike Royal Caribbean its free!

The lack of a dance hall/club was a let down, only one on this ship and it played the strangest mashups. The 15-17 year old "club" area was empty every night but the last one on our cruise- what a waste of space! No piano bar. The shows were a waste of time, I've seen high school performances that were better. I did not get a chance to see the comedy club but heard it was hilarious. The dining room was great, food was good and service excellent.

The Red Frog Rum Bar & Blue Iguana Tequila Bar out by the pool were the best experience I've ever had. Excellent placement and great beverages. The water slide and movie nights there were also wonderful. The last night of movie night was a mess, 6pm movie played for a hour was cut off by another movie that only played for the first 20 minutes then we had no movies the rest of the night.

My only port complaint was the stop to San Juan, Puerto Rico.....7am -2pm. nothing is open until after 9am and 4 hours to explore is just NOT enough time. I recommend to Carnival to either stay in port until 4pm like all the other ports of call OR just skip this island stop completely!  All the other ports gave you plenty of time for excursions & shopping, as well as, beach time.

If you haven't cruised with Royal Caribbean, try Oasis of the Seas or Allure both are awesome. Carnival was ok, good deal for the price. If its your first cruise ever, go Royal! Yummy

Theatre/Performance Stage was weak. Show was noise to my ears & performances poor.
I don't have children but looked quite geared to kids, maybe more so than adults.
Plenty to do and enjoy throughout the day. Scavenger hunt was thrilling!
St. Maarten (awesome!), St. Kitts (great), Grand Turk (good), Puerto Rico(to short a visit)
Clean & up-to-date, very minor wear
Decent food, dining area quality not as good as Royal Caribbean
Awesome staff throughout the ship! Friendly and Helpful 24/7
Great space! Bathroom was largest I have had thus far. Clean & well kept room. No traffic noise however there was a banging sound (like on a pipe) starting from 1am until 5am, some nights 11pm. Several guests had same issue (room 2385 also same complaint) .
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Park-N-Go great for price, but you may have vehicle damage like I did.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Beach, bars, shops all within 10 walk from ship.
Basseterre, St. Kitts
ZIP LINE & BEACH
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Port stay way too short! 4 hours maximum
Grand Turk Island
Shops & Beach, String Ray tour good but snorkeling we saw nothing.

Excursions: Book anything on St. Maarten, then hit the beach/bars/shops/duty-free area which is just 10 minute walk from port! In St. Kitts do the zip line! Its so worth it. In Grand Turk just go to the shops & the beach, most excursions aren't worth it....the sting rays were nice but snorkeling not