Could use some help

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Helpful Vote: 1

8 Night Southern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 02, 2015
Ship: Carnival Conquest

Booked this cruise mainly for the destination locations which were all great, except La Romana, DR.  Not much to do there and many cruisers were afraid for safety.  I could barely stomach any of the food other than the pizza and tacos at Blue Iguana.  I've traveled on 4 different cruise lines and this Carnival was certainly my least favorite in food.  The activities were great and the shows were nice as well.  Loved the comedy acts they had on board during our cruise.  Some staff was very friendly (especially our room attendant Julio), however there were a few that don't belong in the Hospitality business.  A lady named Katisnayara (Kat) at the Alchemy Bar was extremely rude and not friendly at all.  Not only to myself and people I was traveling with but also other guests.  She did not enjoy her job as a bartender and was not friendly at all.  Working in the hospitality business as a General Manager of a Resort, I would never allow employees to treat our guests the way she did.  Also, the higher ranked crew officers would walk around with out making eye contact or saying hello to their guests.  Didn't give me the warm and fuzzies.  The Cruise Director and his staff were phenomenal and compensated for the rudeness of others.  I think I would be skeptical booking my next cruise on Carnival due to the food and staff friendliness.  Again, some really nice staff but it's not a standard criteria for all.  The bar staff on the Lido deck, room attendant, and activities were great.  Also, be wary of the drink packages when you purchase them.  On Royal Caribbean, only those that are drinking need to order the package, however on Carnival they charge $500 per person for the week that are in the stateroom.  I don't drink and in order for my boyfriend to order the package I needed to purchase the package or have a note from my doctor that I can't drink.  What nonsense is that?  It's a choice for me not to drink, not a medical condition.  Plus they limit the number of drinks to 15 per day anyway for those that do order the package.  Also, not all drinks are covered in that $500.  They really nickel and dime you.  Even a coffee or espresso is additional charge.  Royal Caribbean has never failed me or my family (take family cruises annually in addition to friends trip) and will definitely think twice before booking elsewhere next time.

Room Attendant Julio was excellent!!! Kat (Katisnayara) at Alchemy Bar was so RUDE to my party and others. Does not belong in hospitality.

Definitely recommend the Jeep and Natural Pool tour in Aruba!!!