Pretty good cruise...

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Cruise Director

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 30, 2013
Ship: Carnival Conquest
Took this cruise last minute as the locations were new for me and the week was perfect. While the time at sea is ALWAYS a blessing, there were a few moments that could have been better. I took time to spend at the ship spa but unfortunately the spa is under the basketball court!! I would settle in and relax then a crash from above would startle and tense me up all over again - hmm? Pretty bad ship design. I also thought to treat myself to the Point Steakhouse. Me and several early passengers were seated by the window. Just as we are about to begin ordering - a team of staff come to clean the deck. It was VERY distracting! Where we had great seats to the sea for dinner, we became the attraction. A few of us asked to be moved.

Entertainment wise, the staff was very engaging and fun. The lido deck parties got tired very quickly as the "dance-alongs" were the same songs EVERY day which was lame. This ship had a lot of families which was nice for them, but I am glad I had a balcony room to retreat from the mayhem above.

Dinners in the dining room were faboulous. Lido deck food was horrific except for the burger station, taco/burrito station and ice cream station. The buffets were horrible everyday in my opinion so I was glad for the alternative choices.

The stops in Jamacia, Grand Cayman and Cozumel were good. NO ONE asked me to buy marajuana in Jamacia (despite all of the comments I read), and the on-land tours in Cozumel were lack luster.

Overall, I was glad for the break at sea. The week had 2 days of bad weather but it was a good time despite the detour to Mobile and getting home a day later. Carnival did a good job taking care of those who missed flights and were inconvenienced.

Dining room - great; Lido buffet - horrible