Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

adequate for the money but if you can afford more,,,

Sail Date: February 17, 2013

I have cruised Royal Caribbean, Norwegian and Disney in the past and have taken a total of 13 cruises. In comparing them to my experience on Carnival, Carnival comes up short. The quality of the food and quality and quantity of entertainment and activities on this cruise were all well below what I have experienced on the other lines. The level of service was equal. However, since I paid significantly less for this cruise than for comparable cruises on the other lines, I think I did get my money's worth.

The ship overall is quite nice as are the rooms. The bed was hard but comfortable. Everything seemed clean but there was a frequent smell of sewage in some of the hallways that I have not noticed on other ships. One thing I didi not like is that to get from one end of the ship without going outside or through one of the dining rooms, you had to go through the casino, which is a smoking area. Overall, I was surprised at how frequently the smell of smoke was very strong around the ship.

The service in the dining rooms was great but the food was forgettable, even less interesting in the buffet dining area. The best options were the burgers, tacos and pizza offered around the pool areas. The tacos and the burgers were actually excellent.

Entertainment was ho hum. A couple of production shows by the onboard cast, a couple of comedians, and a few musicians scattered around a few venues. The house band consists of a trio-guitar, drums and bass with a singer, as compared to a full orchestra on Royal C. BTW, the singer can't sing, The first time we heard her we thought it was a joke.

With three full days at sea, there is just not enough going on despite the great efforts of Gary and George, the cruise director and his assistant. One thing I do recommend is their morning show on days at sea. Hilarious!!!

If you are looking for a cheap get away and like to lay in the sun and have no big expectations about being entertained, you will be fine,

didnt like having to walk through the casino (smoking)
pedestrian
really limited and not good quality
not enough to do
New Orleans, Louisiana
come early and spend a day or tow in the French Quarter
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
not a lot of variety of activities but mellow
Belize City, Belize
rocky shoreline so not good if you want a beach day
lots to do, good variety

eat the burgers and Mexican food around the pool. The best food overall on the ship, and you don't have to pay extra for it (not like Johnny Rockets on Royal Caribbean).