We feel like we have wasted our vacation

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 19, 2011
Ship: Carnival Conquest
It's a ship. A form of transportation from one port to another. The decor in some areas were really nice: ie: lounge areas and the entertainment show room. The cleanliness on the ship was another matter entirely. I could not in good faith recommend this ship to another person.

The talents of the chef and organization skills of the maitre d really need to be reviewed by the powers that be. The food always from the buffet to the main dining rooms felt like they cut back on the ingredients. In the Renoir dining room the dinners were just plain poorly prepared. I felt like it was " anything will do " type of meal.

Let's just say I have written and video taped a complaint letter to the Carnival Cruise lines corporate office. This is for the main guest services personnel. Housekeeping was great.

We had an aft balcony stateroom which for the first two days the shower over flowed onto the bathroom floor. My husband and I had to bath out of the sink until it was repaired. The water temperature in the shower was never past lukewarm. I had to call guest services and tell them that I did not want to wait until Wednesday before they would come and clean the glass on the balcony railing. I wanted to be able to sit down on the balcony and see out the glass. The glass looked as though it had not been cleaned in over a month. And they never would turn on the balcony lights at night. We were told...they could not navigate the ship because the reflection blinded them while trying to navigate the ship. I still have not gotten over that one.

Don't Miss: Beach excursion to Playa Mia...Everything was wonderful!

Pros: Jogging track

Cons: Almost everything

Recommends Carnival Conquest? No.