Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

The perfect vacation!

Sail Date: May 22, 2011

My husband and I took this cruise in order to have a relaxing vacation, and it certainly fit the bill. We had a wonderful trip on board a clean, comfortable, superbly-crewed vessel and enjoyed every minute.

Pros: The staff was super friendly and very helpful. Food was great!

Cons: Drinks are very, very expensive but that is typical of any cruise.

Recommends Carnival Conquest? Yes!

The staff was knowledgeable and exceedingly friendly, which was a nice change from previous cruises I've been on - members of the Conquest crew always went above and beyond to make me feel welcome, always saying hello with a friendly smile. They were cheerful even in the middle of the night. Service was always quick and efficient.
I wasn't all that impressed with the quality of the musical-type shows performed by the singers/dancers on board, but the costumes were beautiful. The comedy acts were very fun, though - I went to several of both the "family-friendly" and "adults only" shows and they were all hilarious.
The ship was clean and well-maintained.
The food was excellent. The drinks were overpriced, but that's to be expected.
We had an inside stateroom on the Empress Deck (7). It was very clean, enough room for my husband and myself without issue. Plenty of storage, particularly considering the inherently small size of any non-suite stateroom.
Beautiful, clear water. Plenty of shops within easy walking distance, lots of reasonably priced shopping and friendly people. If you have the chance to get out to Punta Sur National Park, it is worth the 20-minute drive to see the Mayan ruins and get in some high-quality snorkeling along the reef.
Montego Bay, Jamaica
We should have gone on a shore excursion. The port is not close enough to walk anywhere, so we paid $30 for a "convenient" hop-on, hop-off shuttle. However, once we got dropped off we had to wait well over 1/2 hour in the extreme heat and humidity for another shuttle to show up, and then it didn't show up where it was supposed to, we just happened to see it. The shuttles weren't well labeled and it wasn't well organized. I wouldn't again attempt to do this port without being signed up for a shore excursion, it isn't really pedestrian-friendly for tourists.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Wonderful, clean, beautiful. We visited the turtle farm, which was a lot of fun and included snorkeling in a man-made lagoon. The Bernard Passman Gallery is an absolute must if you are interested in black coral jewelry, and there is plenty of quality shopping within walking distance of the pier.
Don't Miss: Boatswain's Beach Adventure Park & Turtle Farm