Awful, Miserable, & Borderline Inhumane

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 26, 2010
Ship: Carnival Conquest
My husband, myself, my elderly mother, and my 18-month-old son took a seven-night cruise to the Western Carribean. We were only allowed off the ship for 10 hours in eight days. Our trip encountered a tropical storm, but, unlike the other Carnival ship, went straight through the storm instead of re-routing. I spent three days stuck in a cabin with a sick mother and baby. The lazzez faire attitude of the staff to people's suffering was appalling. Our family hadn't been on a vacation for three years, and, when I think of all the money we spent to suffer so badly, I really want to cry.

The food in the dining rooms was very good, and the waitstaff in the dining rooms was exceptional.

It's the same thing everyday, and, after two days, we'd had enough. After eight days, we were just mad.

The staff in the kids' club is awful, at least to the under two's. Don't put your babies in there without supervision.

The waitstaff was excellent. The staff in the infirmary and the kids' club was borderline mean.

The only positive thing I will say is they did clean the cabins twice a day, which is very good thing when people are sick. Every time we took a shower, our whole bathroom flooded.

Our bathroom flooded every time we showered. The only positive is that the beds were comfortable.
The ten hours we were let off the ship in Cozumel were glorious.

Pros: Seated dinner was good and waitstaff was wonderful

Cons: Everything else

Recommends Carnival Conquest? No.