Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A Great Experience

Sail Date: August 22, 2010

Very clean and fascinating. Our cabin stewards were always happy and helpful. Plenty of little games to be involved in each day for fun.

Pros: food is always at your fingertips and the staff is always friendly even though they work all day long.

Cons: a room in the middle of the ship might give you easy access to all areas of the ship.

Recommends Carnival Conquest? Yes!

We chose the late dining time of 815pm and some of the games and shows going on were during those times, so if you want the fine dining experience and shows, then choose the earlier dining time. Mainly consisted of trivia, karaoke, bingo, as well as the more exciting shows, comedy, and music. Very talented musicians as well as professional performers. I would like to see an open mic night for another activity instead of karaoke.
I personally would like to try a smaller ship. Some of the common area furniture seems slightly used and ready to be replaced. Mini golf course on the top needed a little work as well, or swap it out for something new.
Quality of food was very good for having to work with materials while out to sea. The main dining facility was beautiful and mesmorizing if you get a table next to the windows in the back of the ship. The menu also changed everyday and was of a fine dining nature. The other smaller restaurants or places to obtain food were similar each day but readily available and convenient.
I had one of the private balcony suites and it was very clean and wonderfull. I definitely missed my little room when the cruise was over. I did not find the full length mirror on the back of the closet door until the last day of the cruise. I will remember that next time.
The staff exceeded any expectations I had. They were seen working at all times of the day and were always happy and cheerful, willing to assist you in every way.
Montego Bay, Jamaica
I did not get much out of this port. I went to Margaritaville and that was fun, but did not partake in any other excursions, so I cannot comment on that. I did not enjoy the scenery much in the shopping areas and the people heckle you non stop to buy crafts, which makes for a very uncomfortable experience. The local school marching band played music for us for hours when the ship was departing. Very talented and hard working group of kids.
I enjoyed the pier area and the shops around the dock. It was a very relaxed happy envinronment with no one bothering you to buy anything. They had many stores to choose from with beautiful crafts and interesting local fare. I did not see the downtown area, but it looked built up and busy from the boat. I took an expensive taxi to Paradise beach, which was not too my liking, but still was pretty to look at. The beach is more shells instead of sand and the first few feet of the water looks very dirty. You have to go out further by swimming, walk out a pier, or take a boat to see the greenish blue clear water. They had more fish to look at while snorkeling as well. A palm tree in front of the Paradise beach parking area had a gorgous wild Scarlet Macaw in it. The parrots are very cute and seem use to all the people walking around.
George Town, Grand Cayman
I took a shuttle to the beach and bought some goggles for snorkeling. The beach was beautiful and less salty then Jamaica. Many small coral reefs were 10-15 feet out from the shore and you could see all types of exotic salt water fish. The average water depth over the small reefs was about 5 feet. Beach quality was pristine and perfect for a vacation on its own. The people in the town were very nice and helpful. Grand Cayman was well kept and most similar to a US city out of the 3 ports I went to. The jewelry shops here are the best to wander through as well. It was my favorite port and I wish they would stay here for 2 days.