Paradise on water

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 23, 2010
Ship: Carnival Conquest
We took this cruise for our 30th wedding anniversary and it was our first cruise. Wow! We loved it so much.The ocean view / balcony room was the absolute BEST! The servers on the ship were fabulous!WE sailed on the Conquest and hope to travel with them again! I do wonder about the 70.00 per person gratituity and would really like to know specifically where it goes. At the end of the cruise we were encouraged by the cruise director to tip those who had done a good service to show our gratitude. Well we were served well and wanted to do this (and did) but it gets very expensive after you had already been charged for tips, activities on the ship, shore excursion, etc. It ended up being MUCh more expensive than we had planned for.

I had a fork with dry food between the prongs. I know this can happen, but it makes the dining experience not as pleasant.

Wish there were more free activities on board. Didn't realize we would have to pay for yoga classes, etc.

Pros: The service we received from the nice young man who cleaned our room.

Cons: It would be so nice if there were more "free" activities on board.I also feel if we are charged $70.00 per person for gratitude and tips that we were not encouraged to tip at the end of the week. I would rather not pay the 70 and give it to the servers myself and in person.

Recommends Carnival Conquest? Yes!