Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

What a great vacation!

Sail Date: February 01, 2009

Carnival Conquest has the best crew. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. There was such a variety of food in their different dining areas, something for everyone. The room was actually a good size. The ship is so big, you never realize how many people are actually on the ship. Everyone is so spread out among the different bars, stores, sitting areas, pools, etc. I enjoyed all of the food and entertainment. I got sticker shock when I saw the price of drinks...not only alcoholic beverages, but sodas as well. That pushed our bill up quite a bit, but I still enjoyed it.

Pros: I really enjoyed the excursions that were available.

Cons: Cost of drinks.

Recommends Carnival Conquest? Yes!

George Town, Grand Cayman
I was a little disappointed that I did not get to attend my excursion at this port. No fault of Carnival's, the wind was just too strong. All water activities were cancelled. I have heard the snorkelling is wonderful at this port. We walked around and shopped for souveniers. That was still fun.
Don't Miss: The beaches
We went to the Three Amigos restaurant right at the end of the walkway. The nachos were great and so were the margaritas. We did the Beach Party and Snorkel excursion. I had never gone snorkelling before, but that was the most amazing experience. I could have stayed there for hours! We went to a private beach and it was nice to just lay in the sun and relax.
Don't Miss: Snorkeling - the water is just amazingly clear
Montego Bay, Jamaica
We did the "Dunns River Falls and Dolphin Swim" excursion. The falls were exciting. What a thrill! I had never done anything like this in my life. I was amazed by the dolphins. To be the close up and personal was quite an experience. I even got a picture of "Sally - the dolphin" kissing me. I would definitely do it again! As far as the drive to our destination, I was not too thrilled. Be careful if you are walking around without a guide at this port of call.
Don't Miss: Dunns River Falls