Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Had a Great Time

Sail Date: February 24, 2008

We had a great time! Our room was clean and kept clean the whole time! The ship was fairly clean too! We loved the Ports of Call, except Jamaica, which I am glad we went and enjoyed the climb up the falls, but found it dirty, pushy and a little scary. The only complaint we had was the quality of the food. We never had a "wonderful" meal. The food was average. I very rarely send food back, no matter where I am, but several nights, I left food or sent it back because it tasted so bad. I think all the ships are going to the "pay for the wonderful food" I think that is a real shame. Lots of people go on the cruise ships for the food, they will probably be very disappointed. We have cruised several times and this was the worst food we had on any cruise. Don't get me wrong...there was some food that was good. The 24 hours Pizza was great, the Hamburgers on Deck were great. The Chinese was a problem. The chicken was not cooked through, so we took it back. The buffet food was just ok, at best! The food in the dining room was average, that is where I sent back 3 things that were just plain inedible. Go on the cruise. Enjoy the ports, the shows, which were good, the people who take care of you and the fun! Just don't expect the "wonderful" food!!

Pros: The Ports of Call

Cons: Food Quality

Recommends Carnival Conquest? Yes!

George Town, Grand Cayman
Weather was bad, so we didn't get to do the Swim with the Stingrays. We went to the Turtle Farm, the Rum Factory, Hell and toured the island. The island is clean and well run.
Montego Bay, Jamaica
We went to the Dunns River Falls and climbed the Falls. We also did a little shopping The Falls were Fun, Do it..It is different...Shopping was ok...Crowded pushy people. You pay for the trip and then everyone...every single person asks for tip on top!
We really enjoyed Cozumel. It was a fun place! We rode the Segways and that was a fun trip. They are fun, different and you are well taken care of. They take you to a private home, that had the water across the street , where you can go snorkeling, or the private home has a pool, hot tube, food etc. I went in the Butterfly avery, while my hubby snorkled. it was fun!!!
Don't Miss: Segways