Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A pleasant surprise!

Sail Date: June 10, 2007

I have a preference for the bigger ships and this one did not disappoint me. We were impressed from the minute we got on the boat. I really did not want to cruise on Carnival, but because we were taking 4 teenagers, we wanted to depart from Galveston to avoid buying 6 plane tickets. I should not have worried. I'm beginning to wonder if there really is a "bad" cruise out there! The ship layout seemed confusing on a few floors, but after a couple of days that's not a problem. The ship was kept nice and clean, the decor is attractive and provided a very pleasant atmosphere.

Pros: The ship was very nice

Cons: alternate steak restaurant

Recommends Carnival Conquest? Yes!

We went to Playa Mia and it's a great place. Again, I would recommend going on your own instead of buying tickets from the cruise line. It poured rain in Cozumel about lunch time which sent people scrambling off the beach. It did stop after a couple of hours, but our afternoon parasailing excursion was cancelled due to boat problems. That was a big disappointment for all of us.
George Town, Grand Cayman
It rained all day in Grand Cayman, so that put a damper on shopping, but the area was very nice and convenient to the dock area. We went to Seven Mile Beach in the rain but hope to go back and experience much better weather. Don't buy the excursion; it's much cheaper to go on your own.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Montego Bay, Jamaica
We did not want to go to Jamaica. I had heard nothing good about it. We went zip lining and it was fun, the excursion people were pleasant. The port area has nothing to offer and some our passengers were victims of a robbery while on an excursion. I hope cruise lines stop visiting Jamaica. The locals don't appreciate the value of tourists.
Montego Bay, Jamaica