A fun 7 days

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 24, 2006
Ship: Carnival Conquest
I enjoyed the ship overall. We got off to a rocky start because the ship people would not let my family and I change our rooms so that we could get them next to each other. We ended up with a room on the eigth floor on the back of the boat and another room on the seventh floor in the front of the boat. From room to room was at least a 3 minute walk. But that was not too much of an obsticle to overcome, and all was well rather quickly. Overall, the food quality was excellent. There was a 24 hour pizzeria on board with great pizza. I enjoyed the food a lot. The ship had a basketball court and a small volleyball court, as well. These features were great. It also had a track and gym for those who don't want to gain weight on board.The club was pretty cool, equiped with about a million T.V.'s and neon lights. Overall, it was a great experience and the on shore excursions were amazing. I recommend not going with the group on tour and instead going off by yourself, and renting a taxi to wherever you would like to visit.
Jamaica is amazing. The best place to go is Dunns Falls. I went there with my family and we had a blast trying to climb up these not steep falls. This is definitely the best part of Jamaica. My advice, be careful about how much you pay for the taxi. They always want you to pay more than the service is worth. This is also true in Grand Cayman.
Don't Miss: Dunns Falls
Don't Miss: Dunns Falls
We visited Sting Ray City. This was a ton of fun because we got to swim with sting rays and fed and touched them. It was a ton of fun and a great experience. Afterwards, we went snorkling at a beautiful reef, which is a must do on this cruise. At the end, we even had time to hang out at the beach.
Don't Miss: Sting Ray City
Don't Miss: Sting Ray City
This place is horrible! It is dirty and not enjoyable. We went to San Francisco Beach. Huge mistake! It is overpriced and the food is disgusting.
Don't Miss: None
Don't Miss: None

Pros: The best part of the cruise was definitely the food.

Cons: The worst part of the cruise was the cabin assignments.

Recommends Carnival Conquest? Yes!