Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great Vacatiohn

Sail Date: March 26, 2006

Overall the ship was very nice. All of the public areas were very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

Pros: The ports

Cons: tendering to the ports

We really enjoyed this port. The people were happy and friendly even though there was obvious hurricane damage everywhere. We rented a vw bug and drove to the other side of the island. It was great! The shopping is also fun.
Rent a fun little car and drive to the other side of the island. It is beautiful and there are no crowds. The few restaurants along the way are great and lots of fun. The shopping in town is good.
Don't Miss: rent a car and go to the "wild side" of the island
George Town, Grand Cayman
The snorkeling and beach at 7 mile beach was very nice. There are not a lot of dining choices in this area. The public bus system is very good and much cheaper than a taxi.
Don't Miss: snorkeling
George Town, Grand Cayman
I head read on line the you could snorkle right where you get off the ship. THis may be true but I did not see anyone doing this and no one in my family was willing to get in the water there. We took a public bus (which is great transportation and half the price of a taxi) to 7 mile beach. They rent equipment there. The beach is nice and it is easy and safe for beginner snorkeling. There are not a lot of options for food however.
Montego Bay, Jamaica
A place to go to once. I would not go back unless I was on a mission trip to help all the poor people there. Although the beach was nice and we did not feel like we were in danger, there is a lot of poverty. This may be a good port to have a shore tour planned. I heard the zip line was fun.
Montego Bay, Jamaica
It was good to see Jamaica once but I would not go back. I was concerned about safety after reading reviews. We walked around quite a bit and never felt scared.
Don't Miss: snorkeling