Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Not the best one ever

Sail Date: June 22, 2008

This ship was fine. It would impress a first time cruiser. I thought compared to other cruises that I have been on that the cruise staff was not nearly as friendly. The cruise director and staff were good. Our waiter and busboy were good. The folks at the pursor's desk were good but others did not go out of their way to be friendly. Especially those at security and the embarkation/disembarkation point for each port of call.

Pros: Dining experience

Cons: Lack of friendliness compared to other cruise lines

Recommends Carnival Conquest? Yes!

The balcony and room were smaller than on our last cruise. The bedding is adverstised at top of the line but our mattress was clearly the $99 variety. It was hard and uncomfortable. I was told they would replace it with a new one by one person and then another told me that they didn't have any new ones. The sofa was caved in on 1/2 so that the storage drawer would barely open. They keep the refrigerator locked unless you call to have it opened. The bathroom was not what we expected at all.
The food for the most part was good. I don't care for the assigned seating for dinner but the wait-staff was good. The wait-staff when we sat at other tables for breakfast was just average.
Some were very good and others were poor.
Most of the enterainment was good. I don't think they involved the passengers as much as on previous cruises. I didn't hear frequent announcements for activities.
Good shopping and pretty beaches. If you like activities, the Adventure Park with the rock climbing and zip lines was fun. The zip line was very short. You don't realize that until you get there though. It was only between the rock climbing towers. Teenagers and young people will enjoy this. This is not for out of shape people. The restaurant and beach were good. Expect to pay extra $$$ to eat there though. You only get one small drink included in the price and lockers are extra.
George Town, Grand Cayman
We took a Jeep 4X4 excursion that was fun. We went around town and went off road. The guide was good and cool to be around. Then we went to the beach and could snorkely. It was a good excursion. This is good for teenagers and young people. I found that in one of the gift shops on the main strip that an item was mismarked both on the front and the back and they refused to sell the item to me for what it was marked. It was a small item but the price difference that they wanted me to pay was about $25 higher. They would not be reasonable about it. I don't know if other gift shops do the same thing but this was annoying.
Montego Bay, Jamaica
We had to pay $15 per person for the wristband to take us shopping. That gets pricey when 6 people are traveling but there is nothing to do unless you have transportation.
Don't Miss: Margaritaville was fun.