Not that impressed

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 01, 2007
Ship: Carnival Conquest
Too many people on one ship. It took like 3 hours to get on and 3 hours to get off.

They should be upfront in informing guests that they charge for the wireless connection and that you can't even use your cell phone without them collecting extra money on it. Also, wireless is only available on certain floors, so it was a waste of my time to bring my computer. They insist on having your credit card number so they can add all the gratuities they want. Exercise classes were mainly offered when Camp Carnival was closed. Kids cannot swim with adults. Their pool is clear on the other end of the ship. Ridiculous.

There is so much more that they could do with kids. My daughter did not even want to go because they were just sitting in the room most of the time.

The dining staff was outstanding at accomodating us. The front desk was flat-out rude.

The sheets and pillows were the most comfortable I had ever slept on.
I had heard so much about the beauty of this place that is was a little bit disappointing. Alot of hurricane damage. We had to find and pay our own way on excursions. This was expensive and risky for women. The beach was very nice though.
Don't Miss: I heard scuba was great.
Doctor's Cave is beautiful. River rafting was not that great. You should definitely not go out on your own in a car or walking. It is not safe.
Don't Miss: Dunn's river should be done by everyone.
Definitely the most beautiful of the three ports. Very clean, very safe. You can walk around. We did stingray city, snorkeling, and scuba. All were great.

Pros: The food was very good. They keep you safe on excursions.

Cons: Lots of hidden extra costs. I spent as much on these per/person as I did for the trip. Most of the activities revolve around alcohol and are not family-oriented. The Camp Carnival is not that fun for kids. They could do alot more. It like babysitting - 2 adults watching 36 kids.

Recommends Carnival Conquest? No.