Family Caribbean Cruise

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Breeze

7 Night Western Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: January 25, 2020

Ship: Carnival Breeze

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 7346

Traveled as: Family (young children)

Review summary

We went on this cruise as a family of 8. Ages were from 63 to 3. We had a great time and Carnival does not lack in "fun". You can do as much or as little as you want. A time enjoyed by all!

Embarkation

Fabulous...have cruised 10+ times, on all different cruiselines and everytime I go the embarkation and debarkation are tweaked just enough to make each time a little better and this was better than before.

Ship experiences

Main dining room left a lot to be desired. Our waiter always seemed to be behind. Took a long time to get order taken, and to be served. The food on the first night was, I must say, quite terrible. I ordered chicken and it was dry, small portion (I know what a proper portion is from weight watchers and this was smaller than any chicken breast I have ever been served). The vegetables were canned and just thrown on the plate and the red potatoes were a count of maybe 2 very small potatoes (maybe 1 inch or less and cut in half). Went back the 2nd night and more of the same...skipped till the last night and that was the best night. Ordered vegetarian option and should have done so each and every time I went...it was the best! All in all nothing I didn't expect. Dining room experiences on Carnival have gotten worse over the years, I see the only option as paying extra for the Steakhouse or the Italian restaurant. Which, by the way, were booked out the entire cruise except for 9:30 at night. So that tells me that a lot of other people may feel the same way as I do.

Only went to the Marriage show...my favorite.

Was not involved in the children's program

No problems with anyone on service or staff. Cabin steward was great, bar staff great and even though dining waiter was not that great at his job he was very pleasant

Size comfort and cleanliness was superb

Ports of call

Port Canaveral, Florida Did not visit port

I live close by

Belize City, Belize Did not visit port

Don't like tender ports

Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras

No excursions, but have been here before and it is one of my favorite ports

Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico

Disembarkation

Like embarkation, each time I cruise, the process is tweaked a little and this was no different. No complaints on the debarkation. It is never a pleasant time but it was handled very well (as long as you follow the directions).