Not what I expected.

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Carnival Breeze

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: January 04, 2020

Ship: Carnival Breeze

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 6291

Traveled as: Large Group

Review summary

The ship itself was clean. Our steward was very prompt. There was plenty to do onboard. The main complaint was the rocking of the boat, not being comp something for our missed excursion by Carnival. Not being asked by staff if we needed anything. Witnessed a bartender being very rude to another lady without warrant! Getting off the ship was horrible!! Food was hit or miss.

Embarkation

I thought this part would take longer. The staff got us on board at the Port VERY quickly!

Ship experiences

Dining room attendant was very alow! Food was hit or miss in Dining room and buffets. The burger and fries and surprisingly the grits were the best thing on the ship!

Comedy shows, Dive In Movies

Our room attendant Mudi was the best! He made sure we were taken care of in this department.

No complaints here

Everything we needed

Ship tip

They need to get the movement of the ship in better control with stabilizers or something If you smoke get a room on 11 towards back of ship. Lots of walking if not.

Ports of call

Amber Cove (Puerto Plata), Dominican Republic

Did the VIP Dolphin swin.. VERY different than the regular dolphin swim. Pay the extra!! The best experience in my entire 45 years!

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

Kon Tikki Party Boat. Well worth the money. They made sure we had a great time!

San Juan, Puerto Rico

They had just had the earthquakes the day before. Lights didn't come on until we were there about an hour. We didn't do an excursion. We decided to just walk around. You couldn't even tell that the locals had been through such an ordeal! Beautiful place!

Grand Turk Island

Home Sweet Home.. the water was too choppy for us to be able to Snorkel or Kayak. That isn't any of their fault. They made us sign the back of our tickets saying we had been notified. We thought Carnival would at least comp us a few drinks for not being able to give the whole excursion. NOPE they said we signed the tickets! We weren't given a choice by the way! We are at a port with an excursion booked, and nothing else to do. They didn't explain if you don't sign the ticket and don't attend the excursion that we would have gotten a full refund. The place is nice where you are taken. The staff, other than the very rude bus driver, was amazing. I would do this one again. Just upset that Carnival would allow this kind of thing.

Disembarkation

Horrible!! When you get off the ship, you go around the corner, and they expect you to go down the escalators with your luggage. not only do they expect you to, but they actually try pushing you on there. I told them no and I needed an elevator. Had to wait in a long line of course for the elevator for all the scooters and wheelchairs which is to be expected. Got down to the main floor, my husband had a birth certificate I had a passport. We had to wait in a long line. Probably about 45 minutes. There were only two officers checking birth certificates. One of those were checking the passport facial identification errors. they wouldn't let me go through the passport because I was with him. Seems to me the line would go quicker if there wasn't so many passport holders in it too.