OurCaribbean Cruise

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Breeze

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: September 28, 2019

Ship: Carnival Breeze

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 6385

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

We did not really enjoy this cruise as much because my husband got sick the first nite out. They wanted us off the ship in the Dominican Republic because he had an irregular heartbeat. We told them that was him and he always had it but they did not care. They were going to leave us stranded there with no way home. We have passport cards & not passport books. But we did not have the money for flights home which we could not get anyway. We were told we would have to drive four hours to get passport books. The US Embassy stepped in and got us back on the ship. The doctors were not happy to see us back on the ship. Oh and they made us to take all of our luggage with us. We will not sail with Carnival ever again. We were not happy with the way they treated us on the Breeze. They did not care if we had a way home or not they wanted my husband off of the ship.

Embarkation

It was great.

Ship experiences

The food was excellent.

We did the shows when after my husband got to feeling better.

They were great.

We did not have any children with us.

The waiters and staff were great to us. Our room steward would keep asking about my husband. He was so friendly to us and he actually cared about him.

The were always clean. The ship itself was way to big for us. We like the smaller ships better.

The cabin had plenty of room in it for us. There was enough storage space also.we

Ship tip

We had a lot of fun after the first weekend. My husband got sick the first nite out and had to stay in the medical center until Monday morning.

Ports of call

Port Canaveral, Florida

No we did not do an excursion in Port Canaveral. We explored the area.

Amber Cove (Puerto Plata), Dominican Republic

We could not take our excursion because the made my husband go the the hospital.

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

I got off the ship to do some shopping but my husband stayed on the ship to rest. I did not get to take my excursion there neither.

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Did not get to take my excursion there neither. My husband was still under the weather. We did walk around the port though.

Grand Turk Island

We did not get an excursion for this port because we went there last year. We did walk around a little bit.

Disembarkation

We was a lot easier than the Sunshine last year. We were off the ship by 7:15 am.