Carnival Breeze Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Mostly a great cruise

Sail Date: September 11, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Our dining staff and our room steward were excellent - they went over and beyond our expectations. The staff at the Guest Services desk were not friendly nor helpful. The entertainment staff was disappointing - specifically for Bingo. After we bought our cards to play the $3,000 game, they informed us that if they did not have a winner (in a blackout game) within 49 numbers - the prize would be reduced. This should have been stated before cards were purchased. The prize was reduced to $800 - quite a difference in winnings (not me). I did ask for a refund on my card purchase and was never even given the courtesy of a reply. The Breeze has a problem on Deck 11 as exhaust fumes from the engines fall on the rear of the ship. It falls on the chairs and stains your clothes - diesel is next to impossible to get out of your clothes. They completely remove all cushions there on the last day of the cruise - bummer. I do not like having no smoking section on the decks with pools. If you are a smoker, you have to leave the pool area to smoke - the deck should be split so that smokers can remain "by the pool". Our ports of call were very good, we especially enjoyed Belize City and Roatan.

Nataliya was excellent, our room was comfortable. I do not understand why no smoking on the balcony.

Don't go on Breeze until exhaust on Deck 11 is resolved.