Carnival Breeze Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Bigger is not Better

Sail Date: January 16, 2016

Not enough pools for that many guests. Added hot tubs but were not hot. Serenity deck has no pool and 1 hot tub. Pizza shop that was to be open all the time: had to wait every time we got pizza. I can appreciate the freshly hot cooked idea, but not a 20 minute wait every time. Disappointed with excursions we chose. The historical sites we were to see were either gone or under construction. Ride to get to excursions are too long.

It was fine for what we needed. Room enough for 2.
Everything ran smoothly and seems to get quicker every time we come.
Need to revamp excursions. I will consider using an outside booking company.
N/A. Did not do extra stuff on board
Same shows repeatedly.
Everyone was helpful and pleasant. I think overworked but they all smiled.
The food was average and just like all other cruises. I've not been disappointed but not amazed either. It has to be hard to cook for that big of a group and keep food hot and flavored.
Grand Turk Island
Even if no excursion is booked, there is a beach and bar at the dock. You can get off and on the ship at your leisure.
La Romana, Dominican Republic
If you like history, this is OK. The ride to a lot of excursions are 1.5 hours or so. Don't go if you can help it. Nothing to do at dock. Stay on ship or book excursion.
Oranjestad, Aruba
Did not know it was mostly desert. I can appreciate the contrast but it did not live up to the hype. The Natural Bridge is destroyed, the lighthouse is under reconstruction, you pay for restrooms, beaches and chairs. It was not what the movies make it out to be. Water where we went was not clear.
Willemstad, Curacao
Stuff to do within walking distance of dock. Excursions need help. Pick a good one.

The laundry room was convenient. I'll know I can pack less next time. Go to the casino in the "off" hours. There are not enough machines when it's prime time. People were standing around waiting fro someone to finish.