Wonderful time with friends but not my favorite cruise experience

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Helpful Vote: 1

Sail Date: December 13, 2015
Ship: Carnival Breeze

We had a great time celebrating our dear friend's wedding on the cruise but compared to another cruise I took in August with a competitor it was definitely not as nice. Service was sub-par and the food was good but not the best. I wish the boat would have had bigger pools like the one in August. This boat was so big and the pools were so small that we never even swam because it was always so crowded. In the future if I have a choice I will select a smaller boat. These mega boats don't provide as good of an experience. The comedy club was great though as well as the night club. The theater shows were horrible and very disappointing. The dancers were great but the singers were off pitch and just lacking a lot. The cruise director was very funny and entertaining. I was surprised that for the big bingo game on the last day at sea since no one won the $5,000 jackpot the runner up only got $700ish. I wasn't a winner but that seemed cheap. They could have offered at least half that to the runner up. Overall it was a good experience but now I know I prefer smaller boats and not Carnival.

The food was okay... it wasn't terrible just I've had way better on other boats. The staff was very pushy and at the dining room breakfast they didn't seem to know what they were doing. Sent us to the wrong table number which had a beautiful view. We had been there for 5 minutes and settled in and then rudely made us move to a terrible location table. It was frustrating because there was hardly anyone in the dining room so making us move was pointless. You would think they would just deal with their mistake and let us stay where we already were with our coffee. The breakfast food in the dining room wasn't any different than the buffet it seemed. The eggs tasted like fish the whole trip. We heard many people complain about it not even in our group. Our waiter at dinner was nice but service was slow many nights. We had to tell them we were in a hurry to make a show in order to get faster service.

The pools are too small for such a huge mega boat. I was surprised the adult only area didn't have a small pool. The slides are nice but more pools would be better.

Singers in the large theater productions were terrible except one lady and one man. Everyone else was off pitch terribly and just sounded exhausted.

One of the people in our group brought their 5 year old girl and she had a great time during all the activities.

Our room was always cleaned to perfection but many staff people on the boat just weren't that friendly. They seemed annoyed all the time.

Torn carpet in a lot of places on the staircases. I was surprised it hadn't been fixed. Public bathrooms in certain parts of the ship always seemed not well tended to.

It was clean and well kept. I think I'll get a window next time though. The interior room made me feel sick to my stomach when we were traveling at night.

The taco bar was amazing!!! Make sure you find out when they're actually open because every time I went by they were closed. It is worth going to.

Check out the Blue Hole. It is an 1 1/2 hour cab ride and $50 per person but worth it. It was a beautiful river with swimming area. Very secluded and good facilities. Make sure you take an approved cab. It was very safe and enjoyable. We stopped on our way back at a roadside fruit stand for cocoa nuts and later a cafe with the most amazing jerk food!
Do the sea turtle farm excursion! It was amazing!
I've been to Cozumel 3 times now and it is a tourist trap. I would have rather spend 2 days in Grand Cayman.