Carnival Breeze Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Breeze Overboard

Sail Date: May 09, 2015

Let me preface this review with the positive. The Breeze is a beautiful ship and all the employees we came into contact with were top notch!! That being said this is a ship I would not step foot on again until some changes are made. I went into this expecting my experience to be like all my other Carnival experiences, which is I would have the most wonderful time making great memories, not true this time. This ship is uncontrolled chaos, every aspect I experienced left a bad taste in my mouth, I purchased faster to the fun to start this trip with the expectation of getting on the ship would be trouble free, first mistake, without making this ridiculously long, instead of the priority boarding you are promised, We ended up boarding with everyone else, same thing with debarkation. Waste of money!!!! Purchased their social network and internet plan for $60, hardly ever worked, seen people drag chairs into hallways trying to get signals....another waste of money!!!! After my "Priority" boarding dropped luggage in room and headed to Lido for lunch, after standing in a line for over an hour to get a sandwich, ended up going to our room to eat because there was no available seating in the dining area, how that is possible I didn't understand, you would assume there would be enough available seating for all on-board, but not so on here. We had a cove balcony for the first time ( and last ) I will say the room was nice, the position in the ship not so much. The word steerage comes to mind as well as the word sewage because that is exactly what it smelled like in our hallway the entire time, by day 2 I started taking a napkin to hold over my nose every time we headed to our room. When I mentioned it to housekeeping and Guest services I just received a blank stare in return. The standard lido food was the same everyday, with a few different side items thrown in for some change, if you wanted something from the 2.0 restaurants expect to stand in line for an hour or more to get it, the main dining room was nice, the steakhouse which I had high expectations for was a HUGE disappointment, steak very fatty and tough, ceasar salad dressing was simply mayo with no seasoning, the dessert we had to wait a half hour to get...not worth the extra money! This ship had some of the rudest passengers I have ever encountered on it, manners were left at the dock in Miami, lots of drunken people and out of control children, not to mention the ones who thought the rules did not apply to them and brought their children into the casino and were offended when asked to leave causing all kinds of ruckus, so that security had to be called, the lady who literally pulled a chair out from under me as I tried to leave a machine, basically dumping me in the floor, to the one who poured her drink all over a machine and put a cigarette out on the floor then just walked away! I could go on and on and on, let me sum it it up and say until they fix the multitude of issues they have with this ship I will not step foot on her again!! The ports were nice except La Romana, which safety is definitely an issue there, I was just glad to get home.