Carnival Breeze Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

8 Night Southern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 07, 2014
Ship: Carnival Breeze

Dislikes:

Carnival would not grant a price reduction or on-board credit when comparable category balcony cabins went on sale within 2 weeks of sail date for ½ of what I had paid. When I booked I was told that price reductions would be authorized for comparable category cabins. I guess someone lied to me. (No longer have an incentive to book ahead, or with Carnival.)

This is the first time receipts were not consistently given when using the sign & sail card. This made it very difficult to reconcile purchases against the TV or folio print-out. I’m still not sure if all the charges were legitimate, or if additional tips were added after I signed the slip.

I don’t ever recall seeing so many unsupervised kids and teens on a cruise. They were generally loud, disrespectful, and travelled in mobs. This is primarily a parenting issue but Carnival seems to tolerate this much more than other cruise lines.

Dining rooms were understaffed, especially at the early dinner seating.

The port call to the Dominican Republic was a complete waste. It was a genuine 3rd world slum, no matter what fancy Latin name you give it.

The slot machines were programmed to be VERY, VERY stingy.

Likes:

The ship was well laid out and comfortable.

Cruise cusine just is not what it used to be

The shows in the theater were disappointing

NIce ship, good layout

Comfortable and well laid out. Good use of available space.

If you want to enjoy the pool/poolside lounges, get there early.

Beautiful beach right off the dock plus Jimmy Buffetts
Glad to get out of there alive!
Lots to see and do.