Disappointed

Caribbean Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean

14 Night Caribbean Adventurer (Houston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 28, 2016
Ship: Caribbean Princess
Cabin Type: Suite
Cabin Number: D731

I booked this cruise to celebrate my daughters birthday. I did my research and decided to go with Princess Cruises after reading the positive reviews. This was their first cruise and my second. We were all disappointed with this particular cruise.  The food was not that great and the excursions we booked said that there would be plenty of time for shopping afterwards, only to find out that there wasn't enough time for shopping as we had to board back on the ship as soon as we returned from our excursion. The room I felt was old and not nearly as nice as on the Royal Caribbean. The staff on the cruise were all very nice and most were very accommodating. Not that we required much attention but I am confident that they would have gone the extra mile if we needed it. I don't think this the norm for Princess because we talked to a few seasoned princess cruisers and they all stated that they were very disappointed with this particular cruise and would voice their disappointment to Princess Cruise.

Antonio was great but the cabin appeared old and outdated. Also it was very narrow. There were 3 of us in this mini suite and we were always stepping over each other whenever we moved around especially if we had to use the bathroom.
We did Coba Ruins. I wish we had more time there. Our tour guide, Juan, was really great and very informative. If you want to shop in Cozumel I recommend that you do NOT participate in this excursion.
We had a blast at Gumbalimba Nature Preserve.
Very expensive