Laid Back

Caribbean Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Western Caribbean (Houston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 01, 2014
Ship: Caribbean Princess
Cabin Number: GUAR

Our first time on Princess. I liked that people weren't "in your face" pushing drinks. Easy to find if you wanted one, but not constantly all over you. Sort of missed the "party atmosphere" that is immediate when boarding some other lines. Princess didn't start the party until after the safety briefing. Probably sensible - but I still missed the band on deck. We took shore excursions in each port and I was very happy that the tour operators did not make extra stops for the sole purposes of selling you tacky souvenirs or drinks, which has been the case when we've been on other cruise lines. The food was good, service was unobtrusive, although I'd say the room stewards might have been a bit overzealous. (Not everything that looks like trash actually is trash.) I noticed the lack of cutely folded towels, but I didn't miss it. The chocolates were still there. I expected the walking/jogging track to be on the sports deck but it wasn't. I didn't like that it had stairs. Small problem. We'll cruise with Princess again.

No children - didn't use