Caribbean Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Honeymoon Cruise

Sail Date: December 03, 2006

We had a great time on the cruise; it was my first time and my husband's second time on a cruise. Our steward was very helpful and courteous, as were all of the servers. With all the press about the norovirus, I was pleased and impressed to see all of the antibacterial hand gel stations around the ship - and even more so when I discovered that the attendants at the buffets wouldn't hand me a plate & silverware until they saw me use the station at the buffet entrance. And the food! It was so good - we really enjoyed Sabatini's. The only problem we encountered was at our first port, when the US Customs officials were late boarding the ship, causing everyone on board to have a one-hour delay getting off the ship. However, the crew made up for it by extending our re-boarding time by an hour, so we had the same amount of time on the island.

Pros: The food; the chlorinated (not saltwater!) adults-only pool at the back of the boat; the food

Cons: Nightclubs were ... empty.

Recommends Caribbean Princess? Yes!

Princess Cays (Cruise Line Private Island)
We're from Orlando and know touristy stuff when we see it. We enjoyed sitting on the beach and relaxing instead of getting involved in all the cruise-line activities on land.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
We met a local bartender when we ducked in to have a drink during a rainstorm; he sent us to a local restaurant for lunch and wow, the food was amazing. You should definitely hit Couzzin's for the chicken or shrimp curry, and be sure to try Blackbeard Ale while on the island - it's locally brewed. Discovery scuba diving in the afternoon was great - I'd never been before and it was amazing!
Don't Miss: Couzzin's restaurant on Back Street
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
We rented a car - it was cheaper to rent a car for the day than it would have been for us to have a taxi take us everywhere we wanted to go. We were able to escape all the touristy areas and actually see the real island. It was absolutely beautiful and I will never forget this.
Don't Miss: Marigot and the little French restaurant near the local marina.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Don't Miss: Marigot and the little French restaurant near the local marina.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Don't Miss: Couzzin's restaurant on Back Street
Princess Cays (Cruise Line Private Island)