Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great cruise overall

Sail Date: January 02, 2016

Not my first cruise so I knew what to expect from these ports and ship. Staff was friendly and attended to every request I made. Specialty restaurants are a must, especially Giovani's and Chops, but I personally avoid the buffet in the Windjammer. Nothing is wrong with the buffet, I just don't like buffet food. The spa is of good quality, and always a great place to loosen up. Pools tend to be crowded on clear days, but the solarium pool is usually pretty quiet during the day. Do yourself a favor and purchase the drink package. It may be $65 a day, but 100% worth every penny.

Comfortable room with a nice balcony and view. Pretty far from the elevator, which I chose, but this removes your cabin from a lot of hallway foot traffic and noise. Plenty of closet room, and storage built in to the cabinets. Couch was comfortable and converted to another bed (unsure of size). The bathroom was nice, compact but served its purpose well.
I don't have children so I don't know how the programs are.
Tampa, Florida
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
Small and impoverished town. Not a lot to do in port other than provided excursions.

Eat at the main diningroom or the specialty restaurants, and have a drink package of some level. Also, attend one of the art auctions.