Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Spring Break Vacation

Sail Date: April 06, 2015

My Husband and I had a fabulous time on the Cruise. We went April 6-11, which happened to be my Spring Break (I work for the School System) It was however also lots of other people's Spring Break and the ship was at full capacity. For the most part people were gracious and the High School Student's were polite. The weather was perfect and the ports-Grand Cayman and Cozumel had lots of stuff to do. We chose to go on tours, but there was also lots of shopping and local beaches to explore. Food was great with lots of choices, and we stayed in the main dining room, and didn't purchase any of the extra dining options ($15-30/person). Because we aren't big drinkers we also didn't purchase a beverage package-but be aware drinks are very expensive (Coke is $2.50, wine $8, mixed drink $12 and up) Just a couple of irritating things, since the ship was so full-lounge chairs were in short supply during the days at sea-usually they started to clear off after lunch so plan accordingly. Also we had bought some expensive Tequila in Cozumel which we turned over to the ship when we got back on board (expected that) but no one seemed to know where/when we were supposed to pick it up-even though I asked 3 different people as we were getting off in Tampa. We ended up having to wait 1 hour while they sent someone to get it.

They do nickel and dime you for any extras
loved the "bon Jovi" band

One other couple told me that you are allowed to bring up to two bottles of wine on-in your carry on. Not your suitcase. I had no idea, you may want to confirm this but we most definitely would have done this if we had known. Check out Captain Marvin's adventures in Cozumel. Very fun