Beautiful ship, but not your old time cruise

Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

5 Night Western Caribbean (Tampa Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 13, 2014
Ship: Brilliance of the Seas

The ship has been renovated, with many amenities added. Several optional restaurants, outdoor movies on the deck, are amongst the additions.  However, many little touches are missing, which made cruising special are gone. Of course I didn't expect a chocolate on the pillow,  but I certainly DID expect my bed to be turned down at night, and some toiletries in the room besides soap.  Even the folded towel animals  were only done twice during the cruise.  Another point is that much of the musical entertainment,  the violinists, the band, guitarist all perform in the centrum,   and there is not much seating as is necessary.  The casino is split half smoking, half non-smoking, but there were people who smoked all over and nothing was done about it.  On the positive side, our waiters were wonderful, the food was great, especially the beef choices, the ship was clean, and we found the staff were very polite.  We enjoyed the singer, the comedian and the juggler at night,  but the musical review shows were just average.  I would take this cruise again,  as now I realize cruising is not like it used to be.

Deck 4 is centrally located to everything on the ship.